We value mercy and justice initiatives as a church, because God loves people and has commissioned us to be agents of change in our context. We want to be actively involved in our city so that more Joburgers can love, follow and enjoy Jesus.
Our value of renewal: The renewal of all things is God’s ultimate aim. As God’s redeemed people we are agents of renewal in this city that serve as a foretaste of what is to come. We do that by redemptively engaging the city and working to see spiritual, social and cultural renewal.
Some of our Mercy Justice initiatives
- Love Justice is an anti Human Trafficking initiative
- Contact Nikki Still: email@example.com / 0791807769
- Ignition aims to support matriculants from Alexandra with Tertiary Education and work coaching
- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Hotel Hope cares for orphans and abandoned children. Rob Macfarlane, one of our church members, bought Hotel Hope a house to enable them to care for vulnerable children.
- Contact Hotel Hope for info: 011 484 4000
- Financial Support for children’s education
- Contact our church member Catherine du Toit: email@example.com
Care packages/ freezer meals / Student boxes
- If you would like to get involved with caring for those in our church please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Social worker at Parkhurst Primary School
- As a church, we support Parkhurst Primary School with a social worker for 2 days a week.
- If you want to get involved with this please contact: email@example.com
Occupational Therapist at Parkhurst Primary School
- As a church, we support Parkhurst Primary School with an OT (Melody van Rooyen). Mel is a member of our church and loves to serve the kids and families of Pakhurst.
- If you want more information please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
- We have a lot of vulnerable without homes in the Parkhurst area, and many come to the church offices for help. We try help where we can in order to love and serve these individuals.
- If you would like to contribute to the needs of these people, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Alethia is a care feeding programme for vulnerable children.
- Please contact our church member Connie Wicks: email@example.com
Hillbrow Aids Clinic
- Our church member Kim Comline is involved with the clinic in order to care and serve the patients who need help.
- To get involved please contact Kim: firstname.lastname@example.org
Adopt a family:
- There are a few families in our church who have taken the decision to take a person or family under their wing in order to love, provide and support them and help them grow as individuals.
- Please consider involved in this most needed area.